The Ultimate Guide to Book Marketing
A multiple part guide to marketing your indie novels. Can be read in order, or as standalone mini guides. Currently being rewritten and totally overhauled as of a April 2019 (the linked parts are still valid if you want to dive in before it’s done, though).
- Part 1: Key Principles & Business Fundamentals
- Part 2: The Ultimate Book Marketing Formula
- Part 3: The Ultimate Guide to Market Research
- Part 4: Cracking the Amazon Algorithms
- Part 5: The Ultimate Guide to Promotion (Visibility, Traffic, & Advertising)
- Part 6: The Ultimate Guide to Packaging (Covers, Blurbs, Categories, Pricing & Keywords)
- Part 7: The Ultimate Guide to Building Your Email List (Getting Your First 1,000 Subscribers)
- Part 8: The Ultimate Guide to Mailing List Engagement (Autoresponders, Funnels, and Using Your List to Actually Sell Books) (coming soon)
- Part 9: The Ultimate Guide to Testing (Improving Your Marketing, Advertising, and Business) (coming soon)
- Part 10: Kindle Unlimited Tactics (coming soon)
- Part 11: Wide Tactics (coming soon)
- Part 12: Putting It All Together (Case Study) (coming soon)
- Appendix A: Action Exercises
- Appendix B: Target Metrics (Open Rates, CPCs, etc.)
- Downloads: Blurb Cheat Sheet (PDF) | The Ultimate Indie Author Cheat Sheet (PDF)
Sign up for my free marketing newsletter to receive an email as soon as articles marked “Coming Soon” are released.
Mini Guides: Marketing & Promotion
In-depth guides on a specific marketing topic.
- Mini Guide: How to Get Legitimate Amazon Reviews for Your Book
- Mini Guide: How to Hit the USA Today Bestseller List
Podcasts & Guest Posts
- Publishing Without Supervision: Perfectionism, Analysis Paralysis & What’s Stopping You
- The Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast: Improving Visibility and the Indie Trifecta of Success
- Book Faces Live: Building an Author Brand Over the Long-Term & Other Marketing Tips
- Daily Routines of Writers: Using the Power of Habits and Triggers to Write Every Day
- How to Advertise and Sell More Books
Good Essays on Learning
I didn’t write these, but you should read them if you’re interested in skill-building.