The Ultimate Guide to Book Marketing
A multiple part guide to marketing your indie novels. Can be read in order, or as standalone mini guides. Currently being rewritten and totally overhauled for 2019. As of June 2019, Parts 1 – 5 have been rewritten and updated.
- Part 1: Key Principles & Business Fundamentals
- Part 2: The Ultimate Book Marketing Formula
- Part 3: The Ultimate Guide to Market Research
- Part 4: Cracking the Amazon Algorithms
- Part 5: The Ultimate Guide to Promotion (Visibility, Traffic, & Advertising)
- Part 6: The Ultimate Guide to Packaging (Covers, Blurbs, Categories, Pricing & Keywords) (2019 version coming soon)
- Part 7: The Ultimate Guide to Building Your Email List (Getting Your First 1,000 Subscribers) (2019 version coming soon)
- Part 8: The Ultimate Guide to Mailing List Engagement (Autoresponders, Funnels, and Using Your List to Actually Sell Books) (coming soon)
- Part 9: The Ultimate Guide to Testing (Improving Your Marketing, Advertising, and Business) (coming soon)
- Part 10: Kindle Unlimited Tactics (coming soon)
- Part 11: Wide Tactics (coming soon)
- Part 12: Putting It All Together (Case Study) (coming soon)
- Appendix A: Action Exercises
- Appendix B: Target Metrics (Open Rates, CPCs, etc.)
- Downloads: Blurb Cheat Sheet (PDF) | The Ultimate Indie Author Cheat Sheet (PDF)
Sign up for my free marketing newsletter to receive an email as soon as articles marked “Coming Soon” are released.
Mini Guides: Marketing & Promotion
In-depth guides on a specific marketing topic.
- Mini Guide: How to Get Legitimate Amazon Reviews for Your Book
- Mini Guide: How to Hit the USA Today Bestseller List
Podcasts & Guest Posts
- Publishing Without Supervision: Perfectionism, Analysis Paralysis & What’s Stopping You
- The Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast: Improving Visibility and the Indie Trifecta of Success
- Book Faces Live: Building an Author Brand Over the Long-Term & Other Marketing Tips
- Daily Routines of Writers: Using the Power of Habits and Triggers to Write Every Day
- How to Advertise and Sell More Books
Good Essays on Learning
I didn’t write these, but you should read them if you’re interested in skill-building.