The Ultimate Guide to Book Marketing
A multiple part guide to marketing your indie novels. Can be read in order, or as standalone mini guides. Currently being rewritten and totally overhauled for 2019. As of August 2019, the entire guide has been rewritten and updated.
- Part 1: Key Principles & Business Fundamentals
- Part 2: The Ultimate Book Marketing Formula
- Part 3: The Ultimate Guide to Market Research
- Part 4: Cracking the Amazon Algorithms
- Part 5: The Ultimate Guide to Traffic
- Part 6: The Ultimate Guide to Promo Strategies (Visibility & Advertising)
- Part 7: The Ultimate Guide to Branding & Packaging (Covers, Blurbs, Pricing, Categories and Keywords)
- Part 8: The Ultimate Guide to Newsletter Building (Getting Your First 1,000 Subscribers and Beyond)
- Part 9: The Ultimate Guide to Newsletter Engagement (Using Your List to Actually Sell Books)
- Part 10: The Ultimate Guide to Optimization
- Part 11: The Ultimate Guide to Launching
- Part 12: The Ultimate Write to Market Strategy (Putting It All Together)
- Appendix A: Action Exercises & Checklist (coming soon)
- Appendix B: Target Metrics (Open Rates, CPCs, etc.) (coming soon)
- Downloads: Blurb Cheat Sheet (PDF) | The Ultimate 80/20 Author Cheat Sheet (PDF)
Sign up for my free marketing newsletter to receive an email as soon as articles marked “Coming Soon” are released.
Mini Guides: Marketing & Promotion
In-depth guides on a specific marketing topic.
- Mini Guide: How to Get Legitimate Amazon Reviews for Your Book
- Mini Guide: How to Hit the USA Today Bestseller List
- Mini Guide: How to Use Promo Sites More Effectively
- Mini Guide: How to Build a Killer Landing Page (coming soon)
Podcasts & Guest Posts
- Publishing Without Supervision: Perfectionism, Analysis Paralysis & What’s Stopping You
- The Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast: Improving Visibility and the Indie Trifecta of Success
- Book Faces Live: Building an Author Brand Over the Long-Term & Other Marketing Tips
- Daily Routines of Writers: Using the Power of Habits and Triggers to Write Every Day
- How to Advertise and Sell More Books
Good Essays on Learning
I didn’t write these, but you should read them if you’re interested in skill-building.